The Government of Belize completed a negotiation with the World Bank which agreed to provide funding for that country’s Energy Resilience and Climate Adaptation Project (ERCAP).
An integral component of Belize’s national development agenda is to develop strong sustainable energy policies and programmes that underpin the national economy. It is for this reason that since its formation in 2012, the Energy Unit of the Ministry of Public Service, Energy and Public Utilities has been working towards integrating energy in national development planning and decision making to catalyze sustainable development in Belize.
- This sustainable energy roadmap has five pillars:
- Energy Efficiency – mainstreaming rational energy to end-use
- Renewable Energy – diversifying electricity and heat
- Clean Production – industrialization of the agro forestry cluster
- Governance – strengthening national capacity for sustainable energy
- Infrastructure & Access – building resiliency and achieving universal access to modern energy carriers.
In 2014, the World Bank…
View original post 63 more words